Education & Workforce Development in the Historic Triangle
The Alliance has taken the lead in finding ways to ensure that the Historic Triangle attracts and retains vital businesses as well as an educated workforce.
- Workforce Development: In 2007 we commissioned a study to assess the future labor market in the Greater Williamsburg Area.Work Force Development Study.pdf
- Workforce Housing in a Neighborhood Context: At the request of the Alliance, a Workforce Housing Committee was developed to follow-up the recommendations from the 2007 "Workforce Best Practice Study." Workforce Housing Committee Final Report.pdf
- Chmura, Healthcare WorkforceSurvey Study: Understanding the status of the region, including occupations, vacancies and pipeline. Healthcare workforce survey study results.
- Compensation Study: The Alliance also commissioned the first compensation survey to focus exclusively on the Williamsburg area. 2006 Historic Triangle Compensation Survey Results
- Transportation Work Group: The objective of this group is to address the issue of ensuring that prospective workers have convenient and affordable transportation options. Best Practice Study.pdf
- Customer Service Training: The Alliance works with Thomas Nelson Community College to offer customer service training, Prepare-Care-Share.
- Step Program - An innovative program in which seniors at Jamestown High School (James City County) alternate a week at school with a week of work. Step Program