Health Promoter Award Nomination Form
Acknowledging that health is not merely about individual choices but also about having access and opportunity to make healthy choices, the Greater Williamsburg Business Council’s Health Promoter Award recognizes individuals, civic groups, or businesses that go above and beyond to create opportunities for members of our community to live healthier lives even though it is not their primary purpose of business to do so.
Given COVID-19’s devastating effect on greater Williamsburg, the Health Committee will recognize Business Council organizations who demonstrated the best qualities as leaders by responding to the public health crisis with support for community health and welfare. Their compassion is especially notable given the financial instability which many of them face.
The community is invited to offer nominations of any individual, organization, or business. There are no strict criteria for this award other than the nominee should not be in the health care business (defined loosely as those that receive monetary compensation for health-related services) and must be a member of the Business Council.*
Nomination examples may include, but are not limited to, businesses/individuals/organizations who:
- Increased access to food, medication, transportation and/or other critical resources for those in need
- Provided meals, PPE and/or other support to frontline healthcare professionals
- Delivered items to those sheltering at home
- Provided health benefits or other assistance to furloughed employees
- Stepped up to fill an unprecedented need presented by the pandemic
- Provided mental health support or services to the community
- Worked to create connection or improve the wellbeing of isolated community members impacted by the health crisis
Please complete the form below or send nominations to email@example.com by July 31, 2020. Award recipient(s) will be featured in the Health Issue of Next Door Neighbors Magazine.
*For more information on becoming a Business Council member please contact Courtney Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757.229.6512.
This is the fourth annual Health Promoter Award. Previous recognitions were earned by:
2017- Henderson, Inc.
2018- Ironbound Gym
2019- Williamsburg Landing