Small Business of the Year
The Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance is seeking nominations from the membership to honor a Small Business of the Year and Early Stage Business Award (been in business for less than 3 years). Nominees must be Alliance members and must have been in business at least three years. Any shop, service, partnership or office with up to 50 full-time equivalent employees is eligible.
To submit a nomination, simply take a few minutes to complete the online form below. You may also Download 2019 Small Biz Person of the Year Nomination Form or Download 2019 Nomination Early Stage Business Nomination Form and mail (421 N Bounbdary Street, Williamsburg, VA 23185), fax (757-253-1397), or email it back to The Alliance. You may nominate more than one business, however, please complete one form for each nominee.
There will be an AWARD CEREMONY on May 1st at the Launchpad, Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator (4345 New Town Avenue, Suite 200, Williamsburg, Virginia) from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
2018 Small Business of the Year Winners
2018 Early Stage Business Award Winner
Virginia Beer Company
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: A mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement. (Applies to application for Early Stage Business Nominee)
- Increase in Sales and/or Unit Volume: An indication of continued growth.
- Innovativeness of Product or Service Offered: Illustrations of the creativity and imagination of the nominee.
- Response to Adversity: Examples of problems faced in the business and the methods used to solve them.
- Evidence of Contributions by the Nominee to Aid Community Oriented Projects: Using personal time and/or other resources.
All nominees will be judged on this criteria and the Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance will contact your nominee for additional information on these items.
The deadline for nominations is March 15, 2019. Submit online, mail or email Tiffany.